About the Centre
The Centre of Studies in Banking and Finance at National Law University, Jodhpur (CSBF) was established by the Reserve Bank of India in 2002. The Centre provides a platform for scholars and practitioners to exchange views on issues dealing with banking and financial systems through its Conferences, Essay Competitions, Workshops and Discussion Forums. CSBF seeks to promote discourse related to the banking sector, capital markets, and other financial services. The Journal is another venture of the Centre to associate with professionals, judges, academicians and students to discuss ideas related to the banking and finance sector.
Scholasticus (ISSN 0975-1157) is one of the earliest publications by National Law University, Jodhpur established with the objective of promoting academic research and fostering debate in the field of Banking & Finance. The Journal has been re-launched after a gap of a few years and is now published under the aegis of the Centre of Studies in Banking and Finance at National Law University, Jodhpur. It is a bi-annual, double-blind student-reviewed and edited journal, with an ambit broad enough to include issues in the fields of project finance, private equity, corporate finance, debt restructuring, capital markets, etc. The Journal has had the privilege of publishing articles from some stalwarts of the legal arena including Mr. Bahram Vakil (Founding Partner, AZB & Partners), Mr. Abir Lal Dey (Partner, Saraf & Partners), Dr.Neeti Shikha (Head, Centre for Insolvency & Bankruptcy, Indian Institute of Corporate Affairs, New Delhi), Mr. Siddharth Srivastava (Partner, Khaitan& Co.), Mr. Sudarshan Sen (Former Executive Director at Reserve Bank of India), etc.
Scholasticus (ISSN 0975-1157) is accepting submissions under the following categories:
- Long Articles (5,000 – 8,000 words)
- Short Articles (3,000 – 5,000 words)
- Case Notes, Legislative Comments, and Book/Article Reviews (1,500 – 3,000 words).
- The Journal is pleased to invite submissions for its Volume XI, Issue I.
- Submissions must be made in electronic format by filling out the form available BELOW.
- All submissions must be in MS Word format (.doc) or (.docx), with Garamond font (Main text: size 12 and line spacing: 1.5, footnotes: size 10, and line spacing: 1).
- An abstract of not more than 250 words must be provided.
- Co-authorship (up to 2 authors) is permitted.
- No biographical information or references, including the name(s) of the author(s), affiliation(s), and acknowledgements should be included in the text of the manuscript, file name, or document properties.
- Scholasticus uses only footnotes (and not endnotes) as a mode of citation. Submissions must conform to the Bluebook (20th edition) Citation style.
- Submissions are accepted for publication on the condition that they do not infringe on the copyright or any other rights of any third parties. Any form of plagiarism is strictly discouraged.
- Submissions made to Scholasticus shall be exclusive and must not be concurrently under consideration by any other publication.
- First Loss Default Guarantee (FLDG): Analysing RBI’s approval of FLDG between fintech and banks and non-banking finance companies;
- Big Data Analytics, Artificial Intelligence and emerging future technology in banking sector: Potential Impacts on customer service, banker’s Employment and risk management;
- E-rupee: RBI’s future plan for new digital currency and its implications;
- Insolvency in Aviation Industry: Need for separate legislation;
- Examining the incorporation of sustainability into RBI’s powers and potential judicial challenges;
- Crypto assets under Anti-Money Laundering law: Step toward legitimizing crypto transactions;
- Attachment of corporate Debtor’s assets by Enforcement Directorate: Conundrum between Prevention of Money Laundering Act (PMLA) and Insolvency and Bankruptcy Code (IBC);
- Impact investment and the advent of the Social Stock Exchange in India; and
- Sustainable Finance and Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) Regulations.
Please note that the aforementioned themes are merely indicative and not exhaustive.
The deadline for sending submissions for the forthcoming volume is August 05, 2023.
In case of any queries, please feel free to contact at: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com.
Disclaimer: All information posted by us on Lexpeeps is true to our knowledge. But still, it is suggested that you check and confirm things on your level.
For regular updates on more opportunities, we can catch up at-