About Vivekananda Institute of Professional Studies
Vivekananda Institute of Professional Studies (VIPS) is affiliated to Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University, recognized by the Bar Council of India and UGC under Section 2(f), with NAAC ‘A’ accreditation.
About VIPS Student Law Review
VIPS Student Law Review is a student-run Peer and Blind Reviewed Journal. The Journal runs under the faculty advisory committee of VSLLS, VIPS. It has been established with the objective of becoming a formidable instrument in taking the standard of legal research in-country up by several notches.
It is an annual, student-edited journal focusing on inter-disciplinary and multi-disciplinary approaches
towards legal writing. The Journal aims to publish long articles/ short articles, case comments, book reviews/legislation reviews on all aspects of law and related issues.
The Journal aims at giving the opportunity to legal academia, research scholars, students, advocates, and activists working towards the enhancement of legal scholarship. Hence, the Journal will serve as the platform for innovative thought sharing and will aim at contributing to the dynamic growth of legal
The Editorial Committee of VIPS Student Law Review is inviting quality research papers on law and legal policies including its allied branches from the legal fraternity:
- Research Scholars
Categories for Submission
The Review seeks to provide a platform for engaging in multi-disciplinary discussions on themes of law, society, and justice. Research Articles should have proper research questions and should also reflect the findings. The submission can be sent under the following categories:
- Long Articles: Between 4000 to 6000 words, inclusive of footnotes.
- Short Articles: Between 3000 to 5000 words, inclusive of footnotes.
- Case Comments/Book Review/Legislation Review: Between 2000 – 3000
words, inclusive of footnotes.
Guidelines for Submissions
- Submissions should be in Times New Roman, 12 font size with 1.5 line spacing, justified text and 1-inch margins on all sides of an A4 sheet. The page number should be center-aligned at the bottom of each page.
- Footnotes should be in Times New Roman, font size 10 with single line spacing.
- Graphics, Charts, Tables, and Diagrams should be numbered consecutively and included in the body of the work. Submission must be compatible with Microsoft Word.
- All the submissions must be emailed at firstname.lastname@example.org along with a cover page with the title of the research paper, Name of the author and Designation of the author. The research paper should not contain any reference to the identity of the author in order to enable anonymous screening and peer review.
- Each submission should be accompanied by an abstract of not more than 300 words.
- The submission must be the original work of the authors. Any manuscript above 15% plagiarism will lead to disqualification.
- Submitted entries must not have been sent for consideration at any other place for presentation or publication. A declaration to the same effect must accompany each submission.
- Co-authorship is allowed. Maximum number of Co-authors for a submission shall be restricted to 2 (two).
- Multiple submissions by the same author(s) are not allowed.
- VIPS Student Law Review follows the Harvard Blue Book (20th Edition) citation style. Authors are requested to follow the same.
- Copyright of all the submissions shall exclusively vest with VSLLS, VIPS.
- One complimentary hard copy of the Journal would be issued to the author after publication. In case of co-authorship, the complimentary hard copy would be issued only to the first author.
- Opening Date of Submission: February 5, 2022
- Closing Date of Submission: April 30, 2022
VIPS Student Law Review, Volume IV shall be published in August 2022.
Disclaimer: All information posted by us on LexPeeps is true to our knowledge. But still it is suggested that you check and confirm things on your level.