About SLS Hyderabad
Symbiosis Law School, Hyderabad which was established in the year 2014 is a constituent of Symbiosis International (Deemed University), Pune. The concept of ‘Symbiosis’ is the brainchild of Dr. S.B. Mujumdar [Chancellor Symbiosis International (Deemed University)] and is nurtured on the principles of the Vedic thought, “Vasudhaiva Kutumbakam” which means ‘The World is One Family’.
Symbiosis Law School, Hyderabad was established inheriting splendid novelty, dynamism and excellence in the education of Symbiosis International University, Pune.
The Centre for Specialisation in Cyber Law Studies (CSCLS) is an in-house Centre established to research on different aspects of cyber law. The Centre intends to educate and spread awareness in Society by conducting various events and capsule courses.
The Objective of the Seminar
New risks and threats in cyberspace are real, making cyber security necessary. We, as individuals as well as societies, cannot go unprotected. Cyber security is not simply a clear-cut technical issue. It is a strategic, political, and social phenomenon with all the accompanying messy nuances. Therefore, cyber reality must be examined with scientific rigour by all disciplines, enabling an informed public debate.
It is both, morally essential and rationally effective for the responses to be formulated through a democratic process. The objective of the Seminar is to discuss and deliberate on this major issue and to understand aspects and dynamics of the same. A Book containing the selected Papers shall also be published.
The outcome of the Seminar would facilitate the organizers, participants and other stakeholders to make legislative and policy interventions to bring about positive social and legal transformation. This Seminar would also provide an excellent opportunity for the participants to put across their own views and exchange ideas in order to have a holistic understanding of the subject matter.
Call for Papers
Well-researched original Papers and case studies are invited from academics and scholars, researchers and students of multi-disciplinary.
Only one co-author is permitted. All papers shall be scrutinized through a blind review by the Editorial Board. All Papers shall be subjected to the anti-plagiarism software ‘TURNITIN’. Selected Papers will be published by the College.
The theme of the Seminar is: Cyber Security and Sovereignty
- Study of Cyber Security Challenges & its Emerging Trends
- Cyber Attacks – National and International – Case Studies
- Outbreak of Project Pegasus – Case Study on Cyber Espionage
- Cyber Sovereignty, Human Rights and the Spirit of Internet
- Instruments of Accountability in Cyber Space
- The Contradiction between Cyber Sovereignty and Involvement of Multiple Shareholders in Governance
- Rethinking Sovereignty in the Context of Cyber Space
- India’s Approach to Cyber Sovereignty
- Cyber Governance – Digilocker: A Case Study
Papers can be submitted related to the main theme of the Seminar.
No certificate shall be issued in absentia and there shall be no refund of the registration fee at any stage.
Mode of Seminar
All the stages of the Seminar will be conducted in online mode.
How to Submit?
- Well-researched papers are invited from all sections of the society for presentation at the Seminar.
- Papers shall be accepted only after review.
- The organizers reserve the right to accept or reject Papers based on suitability (thematic and otherwise) for the Seminar.
- An abstract of a maximum of 500 words must be submitted within 11:59 PM on or before 15 February 2022 through the Google Form provided below.
- The paper shall be 3000 to 4000 words long excluding footnotes and must be submitted on or before 25 March 2022.
- The Papers may conform to Blue Book Citation Style (20 th Edition); Font: Times New Roman; Font Size: 16 for Main Heading, 14 for Sub-Headings, 12 for Body & 10 for Footnotes; Spacing: 1.5 for Body and 1 for Footnotes; Headings and Sub-Headings must be in bold.
- The name of the author(s) may be indicated only on the first page of the manuscript.
The Paper should contain a declaration specifying that:
- The research work has not been submitted elsewhere for award of any degree or for purpose of publication.
- The material borrowed from other sources has been duly acknowledged.
- The candidate would be held responsible for any plagiarism detected in the submission.
- Signature of the candidate on this declaration is mandatory.
Abstract Submission Link: https://forms.gle/TjtyobneHrdGPzZo9
- Once the Abstract is selected, participants will be sent a registration link via email.
- Students or Scholars: ₹500 for the single author; ₹750 for co-author.
- Professionals or Teachers: ₹500 for the single author; ₹750 for co-author.
Certificate for actual participation and presentation shall be issued after completion of the event and shall be mailed to the participants.
- Abstract Submission: February 20, 2022
- Notification of Approved Abstracts: February 25, 2022
- Payment of Registration Fee: March 1, 2022
- Submission of Complete Papers: March 25, 2022
- Date of National Seminar: April 9, 2022
Mail at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Convenor: Mr. Hifajatali Sayyed, Faculty-in-Charge, Centre for Specialisation in Cyber Law Studies
Student Convenor: Asma Maryam: +91 63096 57811
Disclaimer: All information posted by us on LexPeeps is true to our knowledge. But still it is suggested that you check and confirm things on your level.