RMLNLU, Lucknow is organizing a Seminar on Law and Technology at its campus, and is inviting submissions through call for papers.
The study of how law interacts with rapidly evolving technology is more important than ever before. Science and technology have had a significant impact on the development of human civilization and have presented us with new perspectives on the world we live in.
It was crucial in changing India and the rest of the globe into a modern, industrialized society. Intellectual Property Rights, Cyber Law, Labour Laws and Trade Law have all been influenced by technology, making it one of the most prominent components in our times today.
This Seminar is an endeavour to invite views from cross-sections of the stakeholders on the legal issues relating to technology while learning from the tangle of the purported conclusions reached in the recent past by courts, regulators, technocrats, and commentators on these issues, and to churn out testable theories and suggestions in the field of technology and its legal aspects.
The Seminar calls for papers under the following sub-themes:
- Automated Vehicles and Self-Driving Car: Evolving Legal Challenges
- E-Commerce regulatory landscape in light of Consumer Protection, Foreign Direct Investment Developments, Unfair Terms and Information Technology Rules, 2021.
- Metaverse: Legality and Regulatory Concerns in India.
- Cryptocurrency: Non-Fungible Trades in Intellectual Property Rights, Direct Financial Assess Regulations, Tax Concerns and Stable Coins.
- Artificial Intelligence in Indian System: Issues of Affordability, Accountability and Ethical Challenges.
- Regulatory Sandboxes: Decoding India’s attempt to Regulate Fintech Industry.
- The role of technology in the evolving Pharmaceutical Sector.
- Regulatory challenges and opportunity in the new Information & Communications Technology Ecosystem.
- Changing Data Privacy landscape in India and across Globe.
- Current and Emerging Issues in the Intellectual Property Rights.
Note: However, the list is only indicative and unexhaustive. Any other topic related to the theme may also be submitted.
- All submissions have to be in English.
- The abstract should not be of more than 500 words. It shall be accompanied by a cover letter containing – a brief profile of the author including e-mail ID, contact number, designation, institution, and official address.
- Word limit for full research paper 4000-6000 words (inclusive of all citations and references).
- There can be a maximum of only one Co-Author. All the co-authors need to get registered for the seminar.
- Plagiarism shall not exceed more than 10%.
- The Author(s) should also send a declaration along with the abstract & final paper that their work is original and unpublished and that it does not infringe the copyright laws.
- Author(s) are required to adhere to a uniform mode of citation 20th edition of The Bluebook: A Uniform System of Citation.
- Author(s) who intend to present their research papers in the seminar are required to submit the abstract through the link provided below.
- The abstracts will be peer reviewed by the Editorial Board and only shortlisted abstracts will be invited to submit final papers as well to present them in National Seminar. The final paper should be submitted after the intimation of acceptance of abstract.
- The Manuscript Submission and Registration shall be done through the link provided below.
- Submissions must be typed in Times New Roman, Font Size 12 on A4 size paper with 1” margin on all sides with 1.5-line spacing.
- Heading should be in Times New Roman, Font Size 14, Bold, 1.5- line spacing, center aligned while sub-heading should be in Times New Roman, Font Size 13, Italicized, 1.15–line spacing.
- Footnotes must be in Times New Roman, Font Size 10 with 1.0-line spacing.
- The file extension shall be .doc.
- 1st Position: ₹10000/-
- 2nd Position: ₹ 6000/-
- 3rd Position: ₹ 4000/
- The certificates will be provided to all the papers presented.
- Abstract Submission: November 5, 2022
- Intimation of Selected Abstracts: November 10, 2022
- Last date for paper submission: December 20, 2022
- Last date for Registration: December 20, 2022
- National Seminar and Paper Discussion: January 7 and 8, 2023
Disclaimer: All information posted by us on Lexpeeps is true to our knowledge. But still, it is suggested that you check and confirm things on your level.