Law Mantra Trust, Maharashtra National Law University (MNLU), Nagpur, Faculty of Law and Administration, Jagiellonian University, School of Law, Texas A & M University, Faculty of Law, University of Colombo, Sri Lanka are organizing an International Seminar on Alternative Disputes Resolution and Intellectual Property Rights on September 9 and 10, 2022.
The Faculty of Law of the University of Colombo, which is the only Faculty of Law in the entire University system of this country, traces its origin to the Department of Law in the Faculty of Arts of the then University of Ceylon established under the Ceylon University Ordinance No. 20 of 1942. The Department of Law was established in July 1947 under the Faculty of Arts.
Students, Research Scholars/Faculties/Academicians, Corporate Delegates, Business entities, and Lawyers may register for the International Seminar.
- Resolving IP disputes through ADR.
- The Singapore Convention and its opportunities/ implications for IP mediation
- Role of Mediation in IPR (Copyright, Patent, Trademark, Geographical Indication, Traditional Knowledge and Industrial Designs)
- ADR for Digital Copyright and Content Disputes
- ADR for domain names disputes
- ADR and Copyright Litigation
- WIPO and its impact on the use of ADR in Copyright Disputes
- ADR for Patent Disputes
- Use of ADR in B2B digital copyright disputes
- Fashion Industry, IP Rights and ADR
- ADR and IP rights – comparative approaches in multiple jurisdictions
Note: Above mentioned topics are not exhaustive for the International Seminar, but other topics can also be accommodated if it’s in line with ADR and IPR.
- Abstract (of about 250 words) should be sent as an attachment in a word file. Abstracts will be peer-reviewed before they are accepted.
- The following information, in the given format, should be sent along with the Abstract:
- Name of the Participant, Official Designation/Institution Details, Address and Email id, Title of Abstract
- Submit your abstract to email@example.com
- The title of the paper should be followed by Name, Designation, Name of the Organization / University / Institution and Email address.
- It is mandatory to mention your Email address, as all future correspondence will be through it; Name and details of the Co-author, if any.
- Chapter: The chapter should be in Times New Roman 12-point font and double-spaced.
- The main Title should be in full capitals, bold and centred 12-point font.
- Sub-titles should be in sentence case, bold and 12-point font.
- Author’s names should be in small capitals and centred 12-point font Footnotes should be in Times New Roman 12-point font.
- Citation Format: Please use footnotes rather than endnotes.
- Footnotes should conform to The Indian Law Institute, New Delhi Style.
- Submission of the abstract: A covering letter with the name(s) of the author(s) and address, designation, institution/affiliation, the title of the manuscript and contact information (email, phone, etc.) is compulsory to submit.
- All submissions for the International Seminar must contain an abstract of not more than 300 words with 5 Minimum Keywords.
- The originality of Manuscripts: All the contributions should be the original work of the contributors and should not have been submitted for consideration in any other Publication. Any plagiarized work will be out-rightly rejected.
- Copyright: The contributions presented to and accepted for publication and the copyrights therein shall be the Intellectual Property of Law Mantra.
- The title of the Chapter should be followed by Name, Designation, Name of the Organization / University / Institution and Email address.
- It is mandatory to mention your Email address, as all future correspondence will be through it. Name and details of Co-author, if any.
- The paper should be typed in MS WORD format (preferably 2007 or 2010).
- The paper must be in a single-column layout with margins justified on both sides.
- The length of the paper should not be below 4,000 words (including footnotes) and Should not Exceed more than 10,000 (Including Footnotes).
- For Student – INR 1,000
- For Faculty/Professional/Research Scholar/Other – INR 2,000
- For foreign participants – NIL
- For Organizing Institutions – NIL
- Submission of Abstract – August 20, 2022
- Confirmation of Abstract Selection – August 22, 2022
- Registration – August 28, 2022
- Submission of Draft Paper (Proposed Paper) – September 5, 2022
- Seminar Date – September 9 and 10, 2022
- Submission of Final Paper – October 10, 2022
- Publication of Selected Paper – By July 2023
Disclaimer: All information posted by us on Lexpeeps is true to our knowledge. But still, it is suggested that you check and confirm things on your level.