Kerala Law Academy Law College is inviting submissions for its 14th International Seminar on Exploring New Frontiers In Space- Law, Policy and Property Rights scheduled on August 20th, 2022.
The Organizing Committee is calling for Research Articles from Law Students, Academicians, Lawyers, Social Workers, Policy Makers, and Officials from various Departments- Representatives from Institutions and Professionals; NGOs, Social Activists, Social Science Researchers, and Faculty and Research Scholars.
As humans extend their reach in outer space, laws regulating human activities in that area are becoming more and more applicable and significant for both states and the commercial sector. The previous year has seen historic advances in spaceflight and space policy, even in the midst of the global COVID-19 pandemic. Property rights form a legal and economic basis to support investment and provide a structure for the allocation and management of resources.
As space technology and its implementations evolve, property rights to external space resources will rise in relevance. With a view to ensuring organized and systematic space exploitation and exploration, it increases the need for certain international regulatory and legislative changes. It is necessary to enact and harmonize domestic space laws in order to create a safe environment for space exploration in the sense of the legislative structure and it should be acknowledged that there is a clear need to find a balance between the need for treaties to be amended and reformed and the protection of issues that are evidently safe at present.
The Seminar will attempt to explore the different aspects of Space Law. The purpose of the seminar is to serve as a medium that enlightens the outcome, and unsolved questions and further explores new directions in this field of law.
The Seminar is conducted through the online platform ZOOM. All the participants should have good access to the internet and be able to access the above said online platform.
- Space legislation in India.
- Exploration and utilization of space resources.
- The mounting problem of space debris.
- Understanding principles governing space law.
- Laws relating to the mining of the Moon and other celestial bodies.
- International Treaties governing Space.
- The Moon Agreement & India.
- State vs Non-State Actors in Space.
- Outer Space Security.
- Space Insurance- legal framework for insurance, liability and coverage.
- Space Arbitration- Dispute Settlement Mechanisms in Outer Space.
- Space Policies in Emerging Countries.
Note: These Themes are not exhaustive; Authors are open to working on any topic related to the above-mentioned theme.
Kindly send the abstract on or before 31st July 2022 by e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Research Articles received would be published in Proceedings with ISBN.
• Kindly confine yourself to the areas identifiable with the title of the seminar.
• The papers must be in Times New Roman, Font Size: Heading-14, Text-12 in A4 format, single line spacing, in justifying not exceeding 2500 words including Title, details of the Author/s and Footnotes.
• Authors are encouraged to use The Bluebook (21st ed.) citation format for footnoting and it should be in Times New Roman Font 10 size. Further, speaking footnotes are discouraged.
• An Abstract not exceeding 250 words shall be submitted for consideration.
• The Abstract shall contain the Synopsis of the Paper, Subtitles, Reference materials, and a conclusion indicating the author’s perspective.
• The Abstract must be mailed to email@example.com on or before July 31st, 2022. It must be accompanied by a cover page, stating the following: Title of the paper; Sub-Theme; Name of Author(s); Name of Institute/Organization; Official Designation; E-mail Address; Postal Address, Contact Number.
• The Submission should be in WORD FORMAT.
• All footnotes must adhere to the 21st edition of Bluebook standards and must be styled using the footnote option in word. Borders underlines or other design objects must not be included in the paper.
• References need not be mentioned at the end of a paper and must be included within footnotes.
• Precedents may be in Italics but not bold.
• All subheadings must be left-aligned, in bold.
• The Papers shall be screened by a Committee. The Full Papers (2500 words) approved by the Committee shall be accepted for presentation in the Seminar. The intimation of selection will be made through E-mail.
• The final paper should contain a cover page that includes Name, Designation, Relevant Discipline and Year of Study, Address, E-mail id, and Contact number. The authors are to give details in the Full Paper.
• Abstracts and papers should be written in English, the working language of the Seminar will be English, and presentations shall be done in English.
• Submissions should be made by the author who will attend the Seminar.
• Co-Authorship is allowed but limited to one Co-Author only.
• Only one paper per participant will be permitted. Multiple submissions will lead to disqualification.
• No part of the paper should have been published earlier nor should it be under consideration for publication. Any form of plagiarism will result in immediate disqualification.
• The Organizers will take an earnest effort to publish the best articles selected from among those received, subject to their acceptance by reputed journals as per their criteria.
• Publishing Charges if any demand for the journal is to be paid by the author.
- Submission of Abstracts: 31st July 2022.
- Communication of Abstract Acceptance: 2nd August 2022.
- Submission of Full paper: 14th of August 2022.
- Intimation of Full paper Acceptance: 16th August 2022.
- Date of payment of Registration fee: 18th August 2022.
- International Seminar: August 20th 2022
There is a registration fee of INR 750 per Author (An additional fee of INR 250 should be paid in the case of a maximum of one Co-Author).
For Seminar Participation only: INR 200.
The payment can be made through the online link provided in the Kerala Law Academy website.
All the Participants registered for Presentation and Participation will be awarded a respective E-certificate.
Smt. Serin Elza John (Assistant Professor, Kerala Law Academy Law College):- +91 9995599669
Disclaimer: All information posted by us on Lexpeeps is true to our knowledge. But still, it is suggested that you check and confirm things on your level.