About the Organizer
DLR Arts and Science College (Co-Ed), Villapakkam was established in 2017 and affiliated to Thiruvalluvar University, Vellore and recognized by the Government of Tamil Nadu.
The Department of Defence and Strategic Studies at D.L.R Arts and Science College (Co-Ed.) was established in 2019 with a B.A Degree programme.
Concept Note for the E-Conference
India is the largest democracy in the world. Elections are the most important part of politics in a democratic country. A good democracy can only function if elections to positions of power are free and fair and lead to democratic victory.
General elections, union elections, and state and local elections form one of the most important principles of such a democracy at regular intervals. General elections such as union, state, and local elections are among the most important principles of such a democracy at regular intervals.
Elections express people’s attitudes, values , and beliefs about the political environment from time to time, expressing confidence in the government and changing it when necessary. Electoral reform means introducing fair electoral systems to conduct fair elections, and electoral reform changes electoral systems to improve how public desires are reflected in election results. It also includes restoring existing systems to improve and increase their efficiency.
The Electoral Commission and the judiciary have ensured free and fair elections from time to time. The Electoral Commission has taken several new initiatives to clean up the electoral process in India.
This National Conference provides an opportunity for experts from different disciplines to meet and share their to exchange valuable thoughts, impressions and research studies on the following topics related to important issues of the electoral process and reforms in India.
Call for Papers
Conference papers are invited from the academicians, practitioners, researchers, activists, scholars, students and other stakeholders of Electoral Reforms. The National Conference will serve as a platform to deliberate on the following pertinent issues.
- Armed Forces and Electoral Reform
- Auditing of Election Manifesto
- Cash for Vote
- Code of Conduct
- Compulsory Voting
- Criminalisation of Politics and Politicization of Criminals
- Free and Fair Election
- Issues and Challenges of EVMs
- Media and Election
- Determining the eligibility for the Candidate
- Non-Serious Independent candidates
- Political and Non-Political Bureaucratic
- Power during Elections
- Politics of Defection
- Postal Vote for Migrants
- Regulating Party Funding and Election Spending
- Role of Regional Political Parties in India
- Role of RTI and Political Parties
- Role of Women in Participative Democracy
- Any other related themes
Guidelines for Submission
- Interested authors should submit an abstract in about 500 words. All abstracts will be peer reviewed and evaluated before final acceptance. Authors of accepted abstracts will be invited to submit and present full paper at the Conference.
- The length of the full papers should not exceed about 5000 words (excluding tables, figures, illustrations and references etc.) and it must be typed in Times New Roman font Size 12 on A4 size paper with 1.5 line spacing using MS Word.
- MLA Citation (9th ed.) must be strictly adhered to while submitting the full papers.
- Publication: Shortlisted papers will be published as an edited book with an ISBN by a reputable international publisher.
- Last Date for Submission of Abstract by E-mail: March 30, 2022
- Intimation on Selection of the Abstract: April 5, 2022
- Last Date for Submission of Full Paper: May 10, 2022
- Best Paper Award
- Best Research Paper Award is given to 3 papers.
- Academicians/Industry Delegates/NGOs: Rs. 400/-
- Scholars & Students: Rs. 200/-
- Publication Charges: Rs. 1000/-
- Participation Charges: Rs. 100/-
Registration and Payment Link- https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLScgxLHMD2MyNRGSVSdGImCDKLgDZLS2liXpKW55LOACKKOKaA/viewform
- Bank Name: TAMILNADU MERCANTILE BANK
- Account Name: Arcot Sri Mahalakshmi Women’s Teacher Training Institute
- Account No. : 251100500300002
- Branch: ARCOT
- IFSC CODE : TMBL0000251
Dr. A. RANJITH KUMAR
Assistant Professor of Political Science
Dept. of Defence and Strategic Studies
DLR Arts and Science College (Co-Ed)
Tamil Nadu, India – 632 521
Disclaimer: All information posted by us on LexPeeps is true to our knowledge. But still, it is suggested that you check and confirm things on your level.