About the Department of Law, University of Calcutta
The Journal and Seminar Committee is a student-run academic committee of the Department of Law, University of Calcutta, committed to regulate, facilitate and promote the spirit of legal research, academic writing and substantive discourse within the realm of contemporaneous jurisprudence.
Legis Sententia, (Legis – law or legislation; Sententia – an opinion) the official undergraduate blog of the Department of Law, University of Calcutta established on August 2019. The Journal and Seminar Committee operates the blog through Medium, an online blog publishing platform and accept submissions on a rolling basis.
The Editorial Board of Legis Sententia accepts Legal Articles from students, academicians, researchers and professionals as submissions for publication within the said Blog and intends to address the need for the student fraternity to remain periodically up-to-date with contemporaneous facets of law.
All the other relevant details regarding the Blog and its Editorial Board shall be found here: Blog Charter – Legis Sententia
Role of an editor
- The applicant must have strong research and analysis skills and possess an eye for detail.
- The applicant must possess a strong command of the English language.
- Familiarity with web applications and publications will be valuable.
- An awareness of current affairs and contemporary debates and discussions in the field law would be welcome.
- The applicant must possess the ability to meet strict deadlines.
- Preference will be given to applicants having prior editorial experience or research experience.
- Preference will also be given to applicants who have previous publication experience.
Who can apply?
The applications shall be mailed at the official email id: firstname.lastname@example.org
Any Undergraduate student pursuing a 3 year or 5 year law degree from any institution recognized by the Bar Council of India shall be eligible to apply for an interim position in the Editorial Board of Legis Sententia for a minimum period of 2 months to a maximum period of 4 months.
How to apply?
The application email having the subject “Application for Editorship” shall necessarily contain the following defaulting which the application shall be subject to immediate rejection:
- A Cover Letter explaining the rationale behind their decision to join the Editorial Board, their academic interests and showcasing their familiarity in citation formats.
[Email shall prescribe the desired period of editorship at the Blog]
- Resume/Curriculum Vitae of not more than two (2) pages highlighting prior editorial experience, achievements, working experience and specific skills.
- A Writing Sample comprising of an Article/Note/Commentary of not more than 5000 words on any facet of jurisprudence, highlighting independent and exhaustive research, clarity of propositions and a definite rational conclusion in case of Articles/Notes and in standard IRAC framework in case of a Commentary.
- This is a two-fold process, after an application is received it undergoes systematic evaluation and reasonable scrutiny.
- The concerned applicant is then informed through email of the selection result. Upon completion of a positive primary review, the concerned applicant shall be notified on the details of the interview process by the Blog Editorial Board.
Upon the successful and satisfactory completion of the pre-determined period of editorship, a certificate shall be provided to the Editor.
- The applications shall be mailed at the official email id: email@example.com
- Positions in the Editorial Board shall be filled on a first come first serve basis. Hence, send in your applications at the earliest.
- Queries shall be addressed at the same mail with subject: “Query Re: Editorship”
Link for more details
Disclaimer: All information posted by us on LexPeeps is true to our knowledge. But still, it is suggested that you check and confirm things on your level.
For regular updates we can catchup at-