School of Agricultural Law and Economics (SALE) is organizing a debate competition in RGNUL, Patiala.
The School of Agricultural Law and Economics encompasses the study of the law which focuses on the special rules and exceptions made for agriculture. It basically aims at focusing on how agricultural laws can be used to serve the diverse and competent interests of the agricultural society.
- PRELIMINARY ROUND
- 4+1 minutes to speak. Timings will be displayed on the screen twice, once after 1 minute and second after another 3 minutes. Rebuttal: 1 minute to each participant
- SEMI-FINALS AND FINALS
- 1 vs 1 format (Lincoln-Douglas Format) The Lincoln-Douglas debate is dedicated to questions that are of a deep moral or philosophical nature. The debate format for a Lincoln-Douglas debate is one-on one. Affirmative Constructive – 6 minutes, Cross-Examination by negative – 3 minutes, Negative Constructive – 6 minutes, Cross-Examination by positive – 3 minutes, First Affirmative Rebuttal – 4 minutes, Negative Rebuttal – 4 minutes, Total Speaking time for each Speaker- 13minutes, Preparation time: 30 Minutes
- The debate will be conducted through a virtual format on Cisco WebEX.
- A New Motion will be Provided 30 minutes before each Oral round.
- The participants will be informed about their stand, i.e., either “For the Motion” or “Against the Motion”, 30 minutes before starting that particular round, through the WhatsApp group.
- The participant must maintain professional decorum at all times throughout the competition. The use of abusive or profane language will immediately disqualify the participant.
- Individual scores of each round will be released after the completion of the respective round.
- Each participant will be allotted a unique code for further reference and communication. The participant will be required to use that code only. In case any participant is found disclosing his/her identity, he or she will be immediately disqualified from the competition.
- The decision of the judges invited for evaluation will be final and binding.
This competition is open to all bona fide undergraduate and postgraduate students from colleges/universities across India. There is no restriction on the number of participants from a particular college. The registration fee for the debate is INR 295/- (including GST).
- Dates of the Competition: 19th and 20th of November, 2022.
- The deadline for registration is 11:59 pm, 17th November 2022.
- Winner: INR 3000/-
- First Runners Up: INR 2000/-
- The selected Top Performers will be awarded E-certificates of Appreciation.
- All the participants will be awarded E-certificates for participation.
- Step 1: Click on the link here.
- Step 2: Select ” 2nd National Debate Competition (19 & 20 Nov. 22)” in applying for option. and Click to register.
- Step 3: Fill in the required details.
- Step 4: Select Preferred event of Payment and make Payment.
Disclaimer: All information posted by us on Lexpeeps is true to our knowledge. But still, it is suggested that you check and confirm things on your level.