About Hidayatullah National Law University
Established in 2003, Hidayatullah National Law University has completed the journey of more than one and half a decades. In such a short span of time, HNLU has carved out a niche in the realm of legal education across India and the legacy is soaring towards newer heights day by day.
Named after the great legal luminary Justice Mohammed Hidayatullah, the University was established by the Government of Chhattisgarh under the Hidayatullah National University of Law, Chhattisgarh, Act (Act No.10 of 2003).
HNLU is the sixth in a series of National Law Schools across India. HNLU has been included in the list of the Universities maintained by the University Grants Commission under Section 2(f) of the UGC Act, 1956 and has been declared fit to receive Central assistance in terms of the rules framed under Section 12 (B) of the UGC Act, 1956. The university is recognized by the Bar Council of India under section 7 of the Advocates Act 1961.
About HNMCC 2023
Hidayatullah National Law University (HNLU) is proud to host the 13th edition of the Justice Hidayatullah Memorial National Moot Court Competition (HNMCC). HNMCC is the flagship event of HNLU, which was started as a part of the centenary celebrations of the eminent jurist and author Justice Hidayatullah. Since its inception, the Competition has continued to attract participation from top law schools across the country and has proven to be an excellent platform for discussion on emerging issues in Competition law.
The past editions of the HNMCC have also benefitted from the expertise of an experienced panel of judges. The panel has comprised Managing Partners of top law firms in the country and sitting judges of the High Court of Chhattisgarh for the final rounds. The preceding rounds have been judged by a stellar pool of Partners from reputed law firms, eminent academicians, and prominent advocates practising at various High Courts and the Supreme Court of India.
Eligibility & Team Size
- Eligibility: All students enrolled in a 3-year LLB programme or a 5-year integrated LLB programme shall be eligible to participate. However, only one (1) team per university/ institution shall be eligible to participate.
- Team Composition: Each Team shall contain a maximum of three (3) members out of which two (2) members shall be designated as speakers, and one (1) member shall be a researcher. The teams may choose to participate without a Researcher. However, either of the other two members must appear for the Researcher Test.
- Registration deadline: The last date for registration shall be 10th February 2023, 11:59 PM.
- Payment details: The registration fee for the Competition is ₹8,000 and has to be paid either through RTGS/NEFT/IMPS. The payment details can be found in the registration form.
The registration form can be accessed here.
Awards & Trophies
All participants will receive a ‘Certificate of Participation’. Special awards will be distributed in the following categories:
- The team which wins the final round will be adjudged as the ‘Winner of the CCI – HNLU 13th HNMCC 2023’ and will get an amount of ₹ 1,00,000/- along with a trophy.
- All the members of the winning team will get a secured internship at AZB & Partners.
- The team which secures second place will get the title of ‘Runners-up’ and ₹ 50,000/- as a cash prize.
- The finalists will also be awarded various goodies from SCC Online.
- Best Memorial:
- The team with the highest memorial score (aggregate) will get the ‘Best Memorial’ prize along with a cash prize of ₹20,000/-.
- Best Speaker:
- The speaker who secures the highest score (aggregate) at the conclusion of the Preliminary Rounds will get an award for the ‘Best Speaker’ with a cash prize of ₹20,000/-.
- Best Researcher:
- The researcher with the highest score in the Researcher Test will get the ‘Best Researcher’ prize along with a cash prize of ₹10, 000/-.
|1.||Opening Registrations||16 January 2023|
|2.||Last Date of Seeking Clarifications||07 February 2023|
|3.||End of Registrations||10 February 2023|
|4.||Release of Clarifications||15 February 2023|
|5.||Memorial Submission – Soft Copies||06 March 2023|
|6.||Memorial Submission – Hard Copies||17 March 2023|
|7.||Researchers’ Test||17 March 2023|
|8.||Preliminary & Quarter Final Rounds||18 March 2023|
|9.||Semi-Final, Final Rounds & Valedictory Ceremony||19 March 2023|
Click here for the Brochure of the Competition.
Click here for the Moot Proposition.
E-mail ID: email@example.com
Disclaimer: All information posted by us on Lexpeeps is true to our knowledge. But still, it is suggested that you check and confirm things on your level.
For regular updates on more opportunities, we can catch up at-